BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 24, 2009

Catching up

Last Sunday, was my first week at church (we skipped the first week because we were all wiped. I got in Thursday, we drove 4 1/2 hours to New Plymouth, spent the night, got up early to do a Marine Reach booth, left around 12:30-1 to drive about 5-6 hours to get Havie to work, Saturday Dahv and Hav had an all day conference forty-five minutes away) so needless to say, we were EXHAUSTED that first Sunday. Church was good. Pastor Mike de Vetter preached on stealing. It was a very good sermon, very convicting. Sunday afternoon, we wandered around downtown Tauranga, did a little window shopping. Hav was gonna take me to one of her favorite stores but they were closed on Sunday, a fair amount of stuff was. Dahvede showed me a little shop that was closed but were selling a replica of Aragorn's sword that was in the window.

My Uncle Mike flew back from Fiji on Monday. It was good to see him again. He said it was a little weird to see me in NZ. :-P

Havalah finished work on Wednesday. Thursday night I accidentally broke one of the nose pads off my glasses. Friday morning we went to the church to work on wedding stuff. We brain stormed about where decorations would go, where the tables would go, how the tables would be set, how many people we could fit at each table, etc. We went into a few stores downtown. We went to the shop that is selling Aragorn's sword and it is pretty cool. It was packed with stuff from floor to ceiling you don't even know where to start looking! We checked a store downtown about fixing my nose pad but they wanted to charge me $8 for a pair of nose pads and we were planning on going to Bayfair (THE mall around here) on Friday where Dahvede said there was a shop that would do it for free so I toughed it out another day and then got them fixed at Bayfair. Bayfair was pretty nice. It's way bigger than Steeple Gate. It is probably the biggest mall I have been in We wandered around there for a little bit, got my glasses fixed, they replaced both nose pads which is good because the other one was looking icky.

On Thursday Havalah, Dahvede and I did a lot of Oshee sitting. Matt and Susie were busy and all over the place so we babysat her quite a bit. She is a little ham! When Susie left at one point she just dissolved into a puddle of tears (I never really understood that term until now, lol) and at one point she sat there pouting at the mirror and we couldn't figure out what she was doing but then I realized, she was practicing her pathetic faces until she found the best one and then went up to Havie with that look on her face, mumbled something, buried her face in Hav's lap and cried. It was so pathetic and hilarious at the same time! When she was practicing, we distracted her a couple times back we kept laughing at her and her faces!

On Saturday, after dinner, Havie and I went to a Ladies Night thing. My aunt had bought tickets for herself and a neighbor but the neighbor didn't feel comfortable bringing her 3 week old baby out in the cold so Jeannie gave me and Hav the tickets. It was good, a little awkward then ended up being magnified by the fact that we were late. Havie thought it was at 7:30 so just after 7 Havie asked for the tickets and I noticed that it said 7, so we flew out the door, and Susie was headed out to so we left the dishes for the guys. Anyways, the Ladies Night was nice, the speaker talked about inner beauty and being comfortable with who you are and not trying to change or feel like you HAVE to look a certain way. It was a good talk and then they served us a cheesecake like dessert. Later that night, Hav, Dahv, Susie and I shared a bottle of wine and we watched Mission: Impossible 2 but it kept messing up because we Josiah started to play it with the VCR on the US setting and Suz switched it to PAL but it was pretty fuzzy at first (think adjust the tracking like CRAZY), then it got better and then half-way through it started messing up again to the point where we stopped it. Matt came home a few minutes later with the All Blacks score (Rugby team).

Sunday morning, we got up early and watched the Marine Reach ship come in. It was pretty cool but freezing cold because we were right there on the wharf by the water. We had to wait about fifteen minutes before the ship docked and then we had to wait until customs cleared them before we could go on. It was pretty neat. Really small though. After we got on the ship and said hi to a few people and looked around a bit, we booked it to church and were about 5-10 minutes late.

Tomorrow, I'll post about my driving experience today. :-D

1 comment:

  1. "Tomorrow, I'll post about my driving experience today. :-D"
    Going to make us wait!

    ReplyDelete