BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 3, 2009

Packing Update

I was planning on packing or at least starting my packing last week but I got delayed by Soulfest and a lack of luggage. My gramma didn't get the luggage I was going to borrow from her until Friday or Saturday and I was expecting it Wednesday. As it turned out, I am not taking any of the bags she lent me; two of them were too small, I already had a carry-on and I didn't like either of the passport carriers.
Yesterday evening I got a measuring tape out and checked to make sure my bags made regulations. My biggest bag didn't make regulations. That was a big disappointment for me. I tend to pack heavily and the thought of packing for a month plus the stuff I am bringing over for my cousin in the two little bags I thought I had left was depressing. Why just one of those bags will be filled with Havie's stuff, I wailed. Fortunately, however, God is bigger than two tiny suitcases and I was able to actually find two decent sized cases for all my stuff. I have actually filled one of them already with all my clothes plus some and the other has Havie's stuff and plenty of room left, so I might actually have some trouble filling it up. HA! HA! I know one thing for sure, on the way home, even though I won't have all of Havie's stuff, I will have a hard time finding room for stuff. :-P
Just got off the phone with Susie about flying and airports and terminals and stuff. Very very helpful! I'm not nearly as worried or nervous now. I'm off to finish packing now. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment